Your house is purchased and you’re ready to move in. Now comes the fun! You get to decorate your brand new house. You have a blank canvas, so every picture you hang, every piece of furniture you place is going to be the first this house has ever seen. Sounds completely intimidating doesn’t it!
Not to fear. We’ve curated some of the top design trends of 2019. This list – combined with your own personality and style – will have your friends and family oohing and ahhing over your beautiful new home the minute they walk in. Enjoy!
• Clutter is Out. Less is In. Consider a few well-placed, sleek items instead of lots of collectibles. While having an eclectic style definitely defines your personality and charm, choose a few really meaningful items to display instead of everything at once.
• Bring the Outside In. So much of our day-to-day life is managed around technology. Your home should be a serene and calming place that highlights simplicity. Use natural and organic elements to decorate and design like stone and wood. A few easy-to-care-for plants – not succulents…they are out for 2019 – will add a sense of nature to your home.
• Colors Should be Subdued. Almost considered feminine, walls in blushes, creams and bronze can be used to break up monotonous taupes and neutrals giving an unexpected hint of softness and warmth to a room.
• Florals are In. For those who love wallpaper and floral patterns, this is your year! Beautifully designed patterned papers can be used elegantly on walls or in small rooms.
• Go Bold in the Kitchen. If you want to add a pop to this busy and popular room, add a boldly patterned backsplash. Let this be the focal point of the room, so don’t be shy with your choices. It’s also easily replaceable if you want to change it in years to come.
• Four Poster Beds. If you’re in the market for new bedroom furniture, the classic four-poster bed is a comforting and stylish way to make a statement. On its way out are overdone brassy metals. If you have a brass bed already, use other elements that don’t include brass and metal in the rest of the furniture and décor.
No matter what your style, try incorporating just a few of these ideas into your new home. For design inspiration visit our San Joaquin Valley Homes models where you can see some of these ideas already working in the house you may choose.